Think outside the box when you give to UMCOR. Consider blessing others not only with money but with time, supplies, and prayers.
When you do make a financial donation, you can be assured that every dollar will go to the program you specify. UMCOR can guarantee this because all of our administrative costs are covered by the One Great Hour of Sharing offering and other undesignated gifts. Volunteering or sending relief supplies to one of our supply depots are two more ways you can be a sign of hope for others. Your prayer support is vital to all that UMCOR does.
You may make a one-off or recurring monthly gift to UMCOR in the following ways:
- Online – make a gift now!
- By phone – Call 1-800-554-8583
- By Check – Mail checks (payable to UMCOR) to:
P.O. Box 9068
New York, NY, 10087
- Through your local church – Place your gift in the plate at your church. Please make the gift clearly identifiable as being for the benefit of UMCOR.
For more information or assistance in supporting UMCOR financially, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-554-8583.
IRA Update for 2014
On December 16, Congress passed the “Tax Increase Protection Act of 2014,” which includes the retroactive extension of a variety of expired tax provisions. This is expected to be signed by the President and enacted into law.
Included is the IRA Rollover provision allowing individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers from traditional and Roth IRAs to UMCOR in amounts up to $100,000 free from federal taxation and income taxes under the laws of states that follow federal guidelines for determination of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
- This extension is only for IRA accounts and gifts completed by December 31, 2014.
- IRA Gifts must be made directly to qualified charities and not to donor advised funds, private foundations, supporting organizations or to fund gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts or other split interest gifts.
- If you have made a direct transfers earlier this year you are covered by the retroactive nature of the provision. Donations made this year will count toward their required withdrawals for 2014.
- If you have check writing privileges on their IRA accounts the most effective way to make this gifts will be to post a check to the address listed above.
Other Financial Gifts
Planned Giving – Remember UMCOR in your will or name UMCOR as a beneficiary of your life insurance or retirement plan. Download a copy of the latest issue of the planned giving newsletter.
Match Giving and Workplace Giving – Multiply your support for UMCOR from your employers gift match or combined charitable campaign programs. Provide your company with UMCOR’s tax ID, 13-5562279.
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – If you are a federal employee, you can give to UMCOR through payroll deduction via the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). To support UMCOR through the CFC, indicate #10187 under Global Impact on your CFC pledge form.
Gifts of Stock – Maximize your tax savings through gifts of stock or appreciated securities with a gift to UMCOR.
Estate Gifts – Remember UMCOR in your will or estate planning.
Mobile messaging powered by Mobilecause
Please contact Andy Corkill if you have any questions or require additional information to make a planned gift, at ACorkill@umcmission.org or 212-870-3910.
UMCOR is a registered 501(c) (3) charity. All gifts are tax deductible.
UMCOR’s Tax ID is 13-5562279
UMCOR’S registered office is
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10015